Every time you eat, speak, laugh, or yawn, you’re relying on one of the smallest but most important joints in your body. Your temporomandibular joint, or TMJ, is the hinge just below your ears that you probably don’t even think about until it stops working the way it should. We can ease your pain with TMJ treatment in Colorado Springs, CO.
At Schope Dental, we can provide you with a custom oral appliance that will:
- Fit your mouth snugly and comfortably while you sleep
- Give your jaw the chance to heal naturally over time
- Provide fast relief from chronic jaw and head pain
- Ease muscle tension in your face, neck, and shoulders
- Restore your ability to chew food comfortably
- Allow you to get a better night’s sleep
- Reduce your risk for damaging your tooth enamel
With our thorough evaluation of your TMJ problems, we will be able to guide you toward the most effective solution so you can live pain-free. Call 719-675-5238 today to schedule an appointment.
Wear a Custom Mouthguard for Relief & Healing
When your jaw joint is shifted out of alignment from teeth grinding, overuse, or an injury, you won’t just feel the consequences in that area alone. TMJ disorders can come with rather unpleasant symptoms, like:
- Frequent painful headaches or migraines
- Tension and soreness in the jaw, neck, and shoulders
- Difficulty opening and closing your mouth
- Earaches and facial swelling or tenderness
- Clicking noises in the joint when you chew
All that is bad enough, but this condition can also put your dental health at risk because you may begin to unknowingly grind your teeth. Teeth grinding can damage enamel and leave you vulnerable to harmful bacteria that causes cavities and gum disease. If necessary, we’ll provide restorative dental care to repair fractured or worn teeth.
We’ll figure out whether your jaw problems are muscular or joint-related and determine whether you would benefit from a custom mouthguard that you wear while you sleep. It will prevent you from grinding your teeth at night, relieve TMJ disorder symptoms, and end your chronic pain.
Feel better soon with TMJ treatment in Colorado Springs! Call us now at 719-675-5238 or to visit Schope Dental.